Tourism entrepreneur, the opportunity you have been waiting for is here: the World Tourism Organization (UNWTO), in partnership with Globalia, has launched the 1st UNWTO Tourism Startup Competition, the world’s largest initiative dedicated to identifying the startups that will lead the transformation of the tourism sector!
Startups that meet the following criteria can apply:
- Projects submitted can be for-profit and not-for-profit
- Be in the Early Stage or Series A Stage
- Be innovative in nature and provide value-added and sustainable solutions for the tourism sector
- Have potential for scalability and a vision to grow internationally
- Have a business plan
- The 20 runners-up will receive a fully-sponsored trip and will have the opportunity to pitch at the official celebrations of World Tourism Day (WTD), on September 27th 2018 in Budapest, Hungary.
- The 10 finalists will have sponsored participation at FITUR, the International Tourism Trade Fair, from 24 – 27 January 2019 in Madrid, Spain.
- The winning startup will receive the opportunity to design a pilot project with Globalia, Spain’s largest travel corporation, while working closely with Globalia’s brands including Air Europa (airline), Halcón Viajes (travel agencies), Travelplan (tour operator), Be Live (hotel chain), and Groundforce (airport handling) and more!
Applications are closing on the 03/09/2018 and submitted projects should focus on one of the following key areas:
- The future of travel
- The tourism experience
- Environmental impact
- Community development
Do you have what it takes? Then rush to tourismstartups.org to apply.